Warm Superfood Bowlposted recipes and tagged breakfast bowl, recipe, superfood, acai on agosto 13, 2015.
The frozen acai bowl has captured Australia for the last 12+ months, with no end in sight. On cooler days, however, there needs to be a warm alternative. Now there is. This warm acai breakfast bowl created by our friends at Green Press will get you out of bed on the coldest of mornings! Full of Amazonia's famous antioxidant-packed acai, it will please your tastebuds and boost your immune system.
Almond Milk (unsweetened)
2 tbl Frozen Mixed Berries
2 tbsp coconut sugar (or maple / honey / dates)
4 tbsp favourite sugar-free granola
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- On the stove, warm up your almond milk on medium heat, stirring often.
- Add your acai powder, frozen berries, cinnamon, coconut sugar, sea salt. Keep stirring.
- Once the milk just starts bubbling, add your quinoa flakes and continue stirring.
- The flakes only need about 30 seconds, removing from the stove as soon as they start to splat everywhere and soften.
- Pour into a bowl and add the granola.
- Enjoy with a smile that conveys pride and delicious satisfaction.
This fibre filler will keep you satisfied all morning and those natural antioxidants will fight internal pathogens whilst also giving you enough energy to leave your comfort zone for a couple of great experiences that day.
Recipe by James McLoughlin from Green Press